- What are Data Alerts?
- What makes Data Alerts different?
- How Data Alerts works for you
- How Data Alerts works for your users
Data Alerts turn natural language data queries into persistent "checks" or "alarms" that run against a database to alert users when something happens in their data.
Software providers can push proactive and relevant updates to users as soon as changes happen by setting up completely customized data-driven alerts using natural language.
Data Alerts function in a similar way to as asking an analyst, "Can you let me know as soon as we break our sales target for the month?" but instead of depending on a person to relay that information, this check is automatically handled by AutoQL. With our intuitive natural language setup, any Integrator or End User can set up a Data Alert in the same way they would ask an analyst or scientist: conversationally.
Data Alerts embed seamlessly within existing software solutions, so providers can deliver the data their users care about, as soon as changes happen.
Employing the foundational natural language to database query language translation technology behind AutoQL and flexible front end components, software vendors can embed Data Alerts functionality however they want, within any part of their app interface.
Integrators and End Users can use natural language to set up completely-customized Alerts that automate simple-to-complex calculations, contain multiple conditions, and meet unique preferences with ease.
AutoQL Data Alerts are:
- Fast and simple to implement (see our Widgets documentation for details about how to get set up)
- Highly flexible and customizable (all components are open source)
- Easy to use and accessible for all types of users
- Natively integrated into our other implementation options, Data Messenger and Dashboards for a seamless user experience
For step-by-step instructions on how to implement Data Alerts, start by selecting your preferred widget library in the sidebar menu.
With Data Alerts powered by AutoQL, it’s incredibly simple to deliver important information to your users exactly when they need it. Using the AutoQL API and flexible front end components, developers can embed and deploy Data Alerts widgets seamlessly in their existing user interface. On average, implementation takes just 2-3 hours, so you can begin delivering new value to your users in no time.
Software providers can opt to offer customization of Data Alerts at the Project (or Customer)-Level (meaning Integrators set up custom Alerts and assign these Alerts to all of their Customers, or to specific Customers only) or at the User-Level, meaning they give individual users the ability to set up their own customized Data Alerts. Using natural language, new Alerts can be set up in seconds, saving valuable time for your busy team, and getting users actionable answers to their critical questions with unprecedented speed and insight.
There are three types (or levels) of Data Alerts:
- Draft Data Alerts (Drafts) - these act like a template or a blueprint. You can create, edit, and save Drafts in the Integrator Portal and assign them to specific Customer Projects.
- Project Data Alerts - these are Data Alerts that are created and assigned as defaults for a given Customer. Draft Data Alerts can be easily converted into Project Data Alerts by assigning a Draft to a Project in the Integrator Portal.
- User-Level Data Alerts - these are Data Alerts that can be set up and completely customized at the End User level.
If the Integrator wishes to enable User-Level Data Alerts, this functionality can be made accessible through any of the front end implementations they've opted to leverage (including Data Messenger, Dashboards, and Data Alerts-centric widgets: Data Alerts Manager, Notification Icon, and Notification Feed), or through their own custom FE components.
Setting up Data Alerts using natural language means any user can leverage this feature to be notified about changes in their database. No code, no complicated parameters, no manual calculations: just the data users need, exactly when they need it.
Users simply ask data-related questions in their own words to build their own custom Data Alerts. Setting up conditions, automating calculations, and choosing notification preferences is simple, so users can stop relying on out-of-the-box reports and refreshing dashboards, and get the updates they need, exactly when they need them.
If additional AutoQL widgets have also been implemented by the Integrator, users can even set up Data Alerts while using Data Messenger, or directly from a Dashboard tile.
- Customizable Components - All components are open source, so the Data Alerts Manager, Notification Icon, and Notification Feed widgets are all highly flexible in terms of both function and design.
- Single or Repeat Notifications - Sometimes you need to know everytime something happens, sometimes you only need to know the first time. With this feature, users only get notified when they need to.
- Manage Alert Preferences - Be in control of the data response you receive when you are notified that a Data Alert has been triggered. Customize the data that is returned when an Alert is triggered and customize a message to accompany the notification if you wish to do so.
Updated over 1 year ago